Monday, February 11, 2013

Love is In The Air...Valentines DIY

One of my goals for 2013 is to get back into crafting and try to actually do some of the things I pin. It started with Braydens First Birthday just a month ago, which you can view here. Pinterest as we all know is FULL of inspiration and it is definitely not lacking in super sweet valentines ideas. I have been inspired for sure. I did not get as much done as I had hoped to but there is just not enough time in the day. I will start my spring projects soon. 

I have seen these garlands popping up all over and I just love them. They are so super easy to make and extremely cheap. I will be making more of these in the future.
Supplies needed to make heart garland...(I followed this tutorial from another crafty mama)
Card stock in any colors
Twine
Cricut to cut heart shapes (heart shaped punch will work just fine as well) I have a cricut so that's what I used.

 

I have been dying to make a yarn wreath for months, I seriously mean MONTHS. Pinterest again has inspired me to make this wreath.
Pics may or may not come... Its taking me forever to finish this and since valentines day is in a few days it may end up being an spring wreath instead. 

Chalkboards... I LOVE chalkboards. They are extremely popular right now and I just had to try my hand at this art. I am by no means a pro at it but I am very pleased with what I have come up with and plan to do many many more. I have definitely had some serious inspiration from Jessica over at Little baby Garvin, one of my favorite blogs too read. I have nothing on her for sure, she has some seriously AMAZING chalkboards. She has got some skills for sure.

 Here is what I came up with...nothing super fancy but cute nonetheless. The first two pics below I only took with my phone so the quality is not as great.




 




 
Eventhough Brayden is still little and has no idea about "holidays" I still have this urge to decorate and celebrate so much more than I EVER did before he came into our lives. Having kids makes holidays FUN! And here is one last photo of my little "eligiable bachelor" during our Valentines photo shoot. I did not get but a few of him actually smiling but this turned out to be my favorite.
 
 
Happy Valentines Day (a few days early)
Hope you get to spend your day with the ones you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...