Thursday, December 20, 2012

Bittersweet Moment

In just one very few short weeks my sweet little baby boy will be 1 year old. As the time is nearing I find it so hard to come to terms with. My little baby can't possibly be almost 1 already. It just can't be. I NEVER EVER thought that 1 year could go by so quickly. It is such a bittersweet time. Being a mommy is so much more than I ever thought it would be. I am sad that my baby is growing up but at the same time we are really loving the stage that he is in now and we know its only going to get better. He is doing so much and discovering new things it seems like every minute of the day. In my mind he will always be my little baby now matter how big he is.

I think back to last Christmas and remember feeling huge and thinking I only had about a month left and Brayden would finally be here with us. Little did we know that he would actually be making his arrival a very short 2 weeks after Christmas. I was so uncomfortable and the traveling to be with family was hard on me. I feel so incredibly blessed to finally have had our baby we tried so long to have. He truly is a blessing to us and has made us both look at life in such a different way...through the eyes of a child. There really is NOTHING more amazing then watching your child grow and discover so many things right before your eyes. We as parents have learned to be more patient and enjoy ALL the small things because he will only be this small once.

We are fast approaching our single most favorite time of the year, Christmas. Our very first Christmas with our sweet little boy. I know that he really does not know much of what is going on right now but he absolutely LOVES the lights we have around the house and wants them to be on all the time. He will point at the tree and look at me until I turn it on in the morning where he then lights up with a huge smile on his face. It just melts my heart. You never really truly appreciate those precious "little" moments until you have a child. It's magical to me. It makes me love him so much more.

Brayden's 1st Christmas 2012

This is just a little post about what I am feeling and I wanted to make sure I put it into words to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...