Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Feeding Our 1 Year Old

I for some reason had a rough time trying to decide what I should start feeding Brayden now that he is eating regular table food, really it should not be that difficult but I have struggled. I would question myself with "is he ready for that", "can he chew that ok, is it to big".  I guess I was just nervous and worried about him choking on something. In the end I have found that he will eat just about anything. The only things I am having issues with is veggies and some fruits. I am thinking it has to be a texture thing with him. I keep offering them to him hoping he will like them more.
 I want to make sure we offer him a variety of healthy options so he does not end up eating the same things over and over again. Of course i want him to make healthy choices as he gets older. It does not always work out that way and right now he may love something one day and then he may not like it the next. Its definitely a lot of trial and error. We go with what works around here most days. 

Listed below are some of the foods and combinations we have found that Brayden really enjoys...our favorites as I like to call them!

Breakfast
Oatmeal with fruit
Waffle and yogurt/fruit
Pancakes & scrambled eggs
Cheerios, Honey Kix

Lunch/Dinner
Grilled cheese
Lightly buttered noodles with Parmesan cheese
Veggies (sometimes)
Apple sauce
Mac & cheese
Chicken nuggets W/mashed potatoes
Spaghetti
Cheesy or creamy Chicken and rice
Refried Beans and cheese

Snacks
Gold fish
Puffs
Cheese crunchies
Cheese
Yogurt
Crackers
Cereal bars


This is just what has worked for us, every child is different.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...