Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mama Memoirs: A Baby Changes Everything

I am joining in with Mandy over at A Sorta Fairytale as she starts a new link-up called Mama Memoirs. I am super excited to join in and looking forward to reading other Mama Memoirs.

A Baby Changes Everything

OK so I was the person that before and while pregnant stressed the fact that I would remain as organized as I always have been and my house would be clean and clutter free. Yes, I admit it. I really was that person. For some mamas I am sure those things have never changed but for some reason for me it has been a battle to keep things organized and my house clean and tidy. I always thought that I would just adapt the baby to my schedule and things would go on as usual just with a baby in the mix. BOY WAS I VERY WRONG. The baby actually takes over your  every moment and you as the mama therefore adapt to the baby's schedule and try to fit all those daily routines into your new schedule with baby. I have had a hard time adjusting.
My son is now 15 months old and within the past few months I have been able to get things somewhat back on track and have some organization and routine back in our daily life as far as doing day to day things. Brayden's routine is pretty solid and I am thankful for that. I still have a long way to go to be back where I used to be but I realized that I was the only one that could change how disorganized daily things were. The baby did change things around our household as it does to everyone but I as a mommy and a wife have to pull it together and get things a bit more organized to give us plenty of time together as a family and less time stressing over things that need to be done.

I have learned that...
 being a mama changes everything...EVERYTHING.
my needs will come last almost always, and I am Ok with that beacause I am a Mommy and that means more to me than anything else.

And the most important thing I have learned is...
Being a a mommy is the most rewarding job I will ever have. It is also the hardest but I absolutely would not change a minute of it, for these moments are priceless. The sleepless nights, cold food dirty hair and messy house are all just a part of being a parent and it will be OK.

 

You know you are a Mommy when...
  • Caffeine becomes a necessary part of your day
  • You never eat a hot meal...this was more an issue when my son was he was younger not as much now but it still happens.
  • It is a good day when you are up, dressed in something other than pajamas, make-up on and hair washed before noon. 
  • You live in yoga pants, most days that is what you will find me in if you were to drop by my house.
  • You know all the words to songs on Disney Jr
  • Grocery shopping or any shopping for that matter by yourself is a luxury.

Being a Mommy really makes you sit back and enjoy the simplest of things in life. It took me a while to see that but it is just amazing to watch things through the eyes of a child. 



1 comment:

  1. Seriously ~ the best luxury ever is walking around a crowded grocery store, all by yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...