Thursday, August 22, 2013

Planning our First Family Vacation

We recently planned and finalized the details of our very first family vacation. We have graciously accepted the offer to vacation with my in-laws to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I admittedly was a bit hesitant on accepting this offer since we had yet to vacation or travel any more than a couple hours away with Brayden. He is not one to like being in the car for long lengths of time and as we all know, he does not enjoy being confined. I have my doubts about how this trip will go but I have been doing some research and I am hoping that we can make this road trip as stress free as possibly.

As I write this we are just over a week away from our big trip and first family vacation with Brayden. I have got my lists made and of course keep finding plenty to add to them almost on a daily basis.
 
We will be staying in an oceanfront condo complete with a waterpark including outdoor and indoor lazy rivers and pools, slides, kid area and of course access to the beach just steps away. I absolutely can't wait to have my toes in the sand and to see Brayden's face when he see's the ocean and sand for the first time.
I can't wait to wake up every morning and see the beautiful ocean and hear the waves. Its been about 3 years since we have been to the beach.
 
Packing for this trip has got my brain going in a thousand different directions.
I have to pack for...
myself
my son
and
the extremely long car ride with a 19 month old.
My list seems to grow by the minute and I can't help but wonder to myself, if all this stuff is necessary or if I am over packing. I am a HUGE over packer so I am sure that's what will happen anyway.


Road Trip Essentials, Toddler Style
Portable DVD Player
Ample amount of his favorite shows
Books(some new/some old)
A few of his favorite Animal "friends"
Stickers (may not work for some but my kid loves them)
Toddler Snacks
Snack cup
Sippy Cup


What are some of your favorite things to do while on a road trip to occupy the little ones?









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...