Thursday, July 10, 2014

Being a Boy Mom

From a very young age I can remember wanting to be a mommy. One of my favorite things to do was play "house". I always had my baby dolls and loved dressing them up in cute little dresses and taking them where ever I went. I suppose that could be the reason why I always thought I would be a girl mom or maybe just have a little girl first. I never really saw myself as a boy mom or even truly "LOVE" it as much as I do. I of course knew that I would love being a mom but nothing can come close to explaining how crazy amazing it is to be a "mommy".

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart" -Winnie The Pooh 
:)
via pinterest
I am pretty sure that every little boy needs to come with a very detailed book describing all the absolutely crazy wild things that little boys are capable off. Boys are messy, loud, energetic, rough & tough. ALL.THE.TIME. Seriously!

There is NEVER a dull moment around here and to say he keeps me on my toes is an understatement. Its almost never quiet with the exception of nap time and I am convinced that his mission is to completely destroy as much as he possibly can. I wouldn't trade all the craziness and insane amount of energy that he has for anything in the world.
He is always trying to climb on me and tackle me down to the ground like a pro linebacker. He also climbs on the arms of the couch and jumps into the couch like its a ball pit. Lets not forget his love of being loud, he jumps around the house, literally jumps from one end to the other while belting out Old McDonald had a farm as loud as he can. It don't wish these days away even if they are a little loud. He will not be this little forever, so I try to embrace his wildness and enjoy it.


boy, n
 a noise with dirt on it 
This is the MOST PERFECT definition of a boy. If you are a boy mama, you know EXACTLY what I mean. It is SO TRUE. I wouldn't trade being a boy mama for anything though. If I am blessed to have another child there is part of me that secretly hopes it will be another boy. Heck, a house full of boys would be ok with me. Don't get me wrong, I would be completely overjoyed to have a girl. Cute girly clothes and bows and headbands and shoes to match everything. I am sure every mama dreams about that, at least I do! It's a true blessing no matter what.

In those rare moments when he is not trying to tackle me to the ground or emptying every basket of toys onto the floor or attempting to climb up on the counters he can be the cutest, sweetest most loving kid EVER and can melt my heart into a puddle on the floor in an instant. I can't help but melt when he walks up to me and says "I hold you mama". When he lays his little head on my shoulder and wraps his arms around me while softly patting my back and whispering "Its Ok Sweetie", my heart bursts.
Kissing his "ouchies" and snuggling up on the couch watching a show or doing whatever it is that HE wants me to do is what being a mommy is all about. The days are loud and sometimes long but seeing that adorable smile on his face and receiving those sweet hugs and kisses makes being a mama the BEST.JOB.EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...